Apple Crumb Muffins
What could be more delightful than a morning that starts with a crumb-topped muffin chockfull with fresh green apples?
Crumb Topping Ingredients
- 1/4 cup Tate+Lyle® Organic Turbinado Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cold and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup Tate+Lyle® Organic Turbinado Cane Sugar
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- Place all ingredients into a medium bowl. Use hands to combine until mixture forms crumbs; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, add sugar and chopped apples. Mix together with a hand mixer until sugar begins to liquefy slightly, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Add oil, egg and vanilla to the apple mixture; mix well. Slowly add half the flour mixture, sour cream and then remaining flour mixture. Pour batter almost to the top of lined or greased muffin pans. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly on each muffin; bake 35 minutes. Remove from oven; allow to cool until warm to the touch before removing from pan.