Brandied Peaches and Cream Panna Cotta
4 hrs 40 mins
Panna Cotta Ingredients
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 3/4 teaspoons unflavored powdered gelatin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup Tate+Lyle® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- pinch salt
Boozy Peach Caramel Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup frozen/fresh peach slices, thawed if using frozen
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup Tate+Lyle® Caramel Cane Sugar Syrup
- 4 tablespoons brandy
Panna Cotta Instructions
- Add cream and milk to a heavy-bottomed saucepan. With a paring knife, cut the vanilla bean open lengthwise and scrape out insides. Place the bean and scrapings in the cream. Bring the mixture to a low boil (small bubbles will form around the edges of pan). Remove from heat, cover the pot tightly with plastic wrap and infuse for about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl or pot, gently stir together gelatin and water. Let sit 5 to 10 minutes. Place over low heat or in a double boiler and warm through until gelatin has dissolved and is clear.
- Stir sugar into the cream mixture and bring it back to a low boil. Whisk cream mixture into gelatin. Let cool 5 minutes.
Boozy Peach Caramel Sauce Instructions
- Place peach slices and water into a blender and pureé. Pour into a medium bowl. Add the caramel syrup and brandy, stir. Store in refrigerator in a mason jar or airtight container if not using immediately.
Building the Parfaits
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of panna cotta cream into each glass, filling 3/4 full.
- Place glasses on tray and chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours. The panna cotta mixture will thicken as it chills.
- Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon of the peach caramel sauce into each glass on top of the thickened panna cotta to fill.