Chocolate Avocado Banana Bread
- 1/3 cup (1/2 medium) ripe avocado, mashed
- 1 cup (2 medium) ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Tate+Lyle® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, with a hand-mixer, mix avocado, banana, egg, sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and cardamom; stir with a whisk.
- Fold flour mixture into the wet ingredients until completely incorporated. Stir in 1/3 cup chocolate chips. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate chips. Bake 50 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack in the pan 5 minutes. Remove and cool completely before slicing.