Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
Enjoy a unique rendition of a bread pudding – made with a French flair using croissant bread. This moist bread pudding, served warm, will be a highlight at any soirée. Perfect to share at a Sunday brunch along with freshly ground coffee, this chocolate croissant bread pudding is a stand out.
For the Bread Pudding
- 4 large croissants; cut into 1-inch slices
- 4 eggs, plus 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Tate+Lyle® Organic Turbinado Cane Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the Topping
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Tate+Lyle® Organic Turbinado Cane Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Place croissant slices in pan to cover bottom. In large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, egg yolks, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Pour mixture over bread; top with chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and press down bread to help soak in mixture; let sit 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove plastic wrap, bake 45 minutes. (Pudding should be set in center. Edges will puff up higher on the sides, but then deflate once it is removed from the oven.) Remove from oven.
- To make Topping, combine sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over top of bread pudding. Bake an additional 5 minutes. Remove from oven divide into serving dishes; serve warm.