- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup Tate+Lyle® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup dried mango, plus 2 tablespoons for garnish; chopped
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut, reserve 1/2 cup for topping
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, partially drained
- 1/2 cup milk
Tropical Muffin Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter. Add chopped mango. Incorporate eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides of the bowl with each addition. Add extracts, coconut and pineapple; mix well.
- Alternately combine dry and wet ingredients in 3 batches, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Place batter into large, lined muffin pans, filling almost to the top. Sprinkle coconut and chopped mango evenly over muffin batter. Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean or muffins spring back when touched lightly with the back of a spoon.
If muffin liners are not used, muffins may stick to the pan. To avoid sticking, spray muffin tin generously with cooking spray and then dust with flour. It is recommended to use liners for best results.