Employer of Choice Commitment
What is our Employer of Choice Commitment?
Simply put, our Employer of Choice Commitment is our promise to our team members that we will continuously strive to be the employer they choose to work with, above all others. We want to inspire, engage, develop, empower and reward our team throughout their career.
Why is it important?
We know that your choice of employer and pursuing your career within an organisation is just that – it is your choice. We want to do everything we can to ensure that not only when you start with us but throughout your career, you continue to want to be part of our team and our success.
Our Employer of Choice Commitment is made up of 5 pillars that our employees have told us are important to them. The main aim of our commitment is to ensure that as a colleague at ASR Group Europe, you feel part of a winning team that will:
- Through what we do; our rich heritage and the important part you can play in bringing joy to the customers we serve, with products that are at the heart of homes across our nations
- Through our commitment to supporting the communities around us and the role you can play in making a positive social impact
- Through our innovation in sustainability and the part you can play in protecting the world we live in.
- Through our team culture, where you are informed, respected and valued
- Through the opportunities we provide you to make social and professional connections at work
- Through a diverse and inclusive environment where you have the opportunity to voice your opinion
- To maximize your strengths to the best you can be
- To achieve your full potential
- To ask questions and take the initiative to challenge the status quo
- To work in a way that enables you to be the most effective at what you do
- To ask “what else can you do?”
- Through merit-based pay
- With benefits that you value at each stage of your life
Benefits with ASR Group Europe (Tate & Lyle Sugars)
Community & Volunteering
- 3 leave days per year to support charities or causes you are passionate about
- “Volunteer in the Community” scheme which puts £250 towards personal volunteering activities
- Match Funding – 100% funding up to £3,000 for fundraising for any of our charity partners
Lifestyle & Family
- Progressive family-friendly benefits
- For eligible positions, we have our hybrid working policy “SweetBalance” with a generous home working allowance to provide financial support for remote and/or office working
- 26 days of annual leave (plus bank holidays), with the opportunity to purchase up to 5 additional days
- Discounted shopping platform that saves you money on household bills and gives you discounts at your favorite shops, restaurants, and travel companies
Health & Wellbeing
- An extensive health support package, including comprehensive healthcare (for eligible positions) or on-site physiotherapy (for those not eligible for healthcare) and access to our occupational health team
- Mental Health First Aid
- Holistic wellbeing support plan encompassing a variety of offerings to assist you including a wide-ranging employee assistance programme available to advise on personal, family, or financial matters.
Financial & Retirement
- A generous 9.2% pension employer contribution with only 3% for you to contribute
- Comprehensive life assurance and income protection providing financial support in events of ill health, injury, etc.
- Season Ticket Loan
- We provide events and workshops to support your financial well-being to provide you with tools and guidance.
- Ride2Work Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- An impressive car scheme that enables you to get a new car of your choice, with the lease deducted from your monthly salary in a tax-efficient way.
- Subsidised restaurant at our Thames Refinery
- Free Parking at both the Thames Refinery and Plaistow Wharf
- Electric Charging Points
- Multi-faith Room
Learning & Development
- Tuition sponsorship and apprenticeship programmes to support both your continuous professional development and professional membership
- Apprenticeship Opportunities